History & Heritage

Terwilliger House

Property Details

Three-story French Second Empire-style wood frame resort hotel with a symmetrical façade and a veranda extending across the entire façade. Five-bay façade with centered entrance. Artificially sided. Mansard roof with shallow gable dormers and centered square tower, also with dormer Mansard roof. Built in the 1880s as the Terwilliger House, one of the many resort hotels in this resort community; named by its proprietress, Amanda Beck Terwilliger, sister of Louise Beck Frieh, who ran the Center Square House located next door. In 1950, under the ownership of Robert C. Pillips, the building was interconnected to the former Center Square House immediately to its left, becoming part of the Tom Quick Inn. (ca. 1880)

Photos by Preston Ehrler Photography, prestonehrler.com | jpehrler@gmail.com