Jorgenson’s at the Dimmick Inn
Since 1828 featuring an authentic 1800’s taproom and lovely dining rooms. Seasonal porch or fireside dining. Kids’ menu. 7 Days – lunch & dinner. Happy hour Mon-Fri 5-7.
Samuel Dimmick, 1856 (Folk) This three-story side-gabled brick building has two simple features: a wide band of trim below the cornice and Doric columns supporting the wrapped double-gallery porch. The shed dormer with three sets of double windows was a later addition. This Inn was built by Samuel Dimmick replacing a former structure built in 1828 by Mrs. Pinchot and destroyed by Cupola drawing by Alan Wood fire. Samuel served as County Treasurer, Commissioner and Justice of the Peace. His daughter, Miss Fan, was equally adept especially in things considered manly in nature; she was Assistant Postmaster, played the fiddle, fished, rode horseback, and ran the business. A natural rebel, she even took to wearing men’s clothing.