History & Heritage

Dr. William B. Kenworthey Building

Property Details

2 1/2-story Queen Anne-style residential building of wood frame construction with shingled corner tower on the right side capped with a conical roof. Original veranda has been replaced with a shed-roofed hood which shields the main entrance which is on the left side of the façade. Windows flat-topped, with simple surrounds. Hipped roof with gable dormer on façade. 2-story bay gable-roofed window on right side, with semi-circular lunette in pediment. Local sources suggest that this house was built by local builder Abram D. Brown, a prominent contractor who also built the [Second] Pike County Court House. Long-time home of Dr. W. B. Kenworthey (b. 1872), a Philadelphian who graduated from the University of Pennsylvania Medical School in 1895 and after spending three years in nearby Dingman’s Ferry, came to Milord to practice. (ca. 1898)

Photos by Preston Ehrler Photography, prestonehrler.com | jpehrler@gmail.com