History & Heritage

Cornelius Bull Law Office Building

Property Details

One-story Greek Revival-style commercial building of small scale, temple-form in design with three-bay façade and centered entrance shielded by the extension of the roof. Windows flat-topped, with exterior operable shutters of wood. Build for Cornelius W. Bull (b. 1845), an early school teacher (1863-1865) who was admitted to the Bar in 1867 after reading law for two years with D. M. VanAiken. In 1871 Bull opened his own practice. The property was later occupied by his son, George Bull, and later by attorney Karl Wagner, Sr. (1879)

Photos by Preston Ehrler Photography, prestonehrler.com | jpehrler@gmail.com